This page has moved to a new address.

How To: Look after your Swedish Clogs

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: How To: Look after your Swedish Clogs

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday 14 October 2011

How To: Look after your Swedish Clogs

The sun was shining yesterday so I was excited to wear my favorite sandals, these cute pair of handmade wooden soled Swedish clogs. But after a winter of wear (with socks), they needed a little bit of TLC.
So I got to work...

You will need:
Some medium/fine grade sandpaper
Olive oil
Cotton rag
How to:
Sand any marks off the wooden sole, then wipe away any dust. Dab your cloth in olive oil and gently rub into the wood and the leather. The olive oil will nourish and darken the wood and leather and help protect from damp.All done!

Now my sandals look brand new, and with regular care, will last for many years to come. Bring on summer!

Labels: , , ,