This page has moved to a new address.

A Colour Story...A guest post by Curly Pops

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: A Colour Story...A guest post by Curly Pops

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Monday 20 June 2011

A Colour Story...A guest post by Curly Pops

Today's guest blogger is Cam from Curly Pops, blogger and crafter extraordinaire. Cam loves a bit of colour, can you tell?
Take it away Cam...
When reading my blog, looking at what I create, or visiting my house, it's not very hard to tell that I have a slight obsession with bright colours.
Furthermore, I'm completely obsessed with the combination of pink, orange, and red.

I was never a girly girl growing up, in fact I detested anything pink, but I remember borrowing a completely awe inspiring book about Mexican architecture from the local library not long after I bought my first house. The way that they'd used colour both inside and out definitely altered my design / decorating direction.

The house was a completely cream blank canvas, so I set about changing that quick smart! I painted every interior wall. The kitchen / living room ended up being bright orange, the hallway hot pink, and the pergola a combination of the two.

I've moved house a couple of times since then, and instead of painting the white walls, I now collect, create, and display things all over my house in various shades of pink, orange, and red instead.
I like to think of my walls and shelves as a blank art gallery, which I can use to highlight the wonderful pieces of art and craft that I've created, or bought, or have been given by my lovely friends.

A lot of my favourite self-designed fabrics also feature these colours, and I sometimes combine them with yellows, and greens for a bit of extra pop! Of course, I always make sure to design in other colourways too. It seems that not everyone loves pink, orange and red quite as much as me.

At the moment, I'm working on a fabric design for some new curtains.... in pink, orange and red of course!

Labels: ,