This page has moved to a new address.

More than just a shop...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: More than just a shop...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday 7 April 2011

More than just a shop...

I've been pondering for a while about this blog, how it has changed my life in a significant way, how it has changed over it's three and a half years and what it will become...
I almost cringe now when I look at some of my first blog posts, they were forced and clunky, and so obviously just to market my business. At the start I never felt very comfortable about sharing my personal story, feelings and thoughts, and I almost wonder now if it was because I thought no one would really care?

I never considered myself a very good writer. The fact is my worst marks at school were for English. A+'s for Chemistry, Biology, Maths etc...English mmm a not so respectable C. But practice makes perfect and writing every day has helped me develop my own writing style, not a very good one maybe, but a style none the less.

Over these years, writing the blog has become part of my daily routine, and especially since Emma's arrival, a defacto journal of how she and I have changed. I lie in bed at night writing the next days post in my head, I take photos where I normally wouldn't have, so I can share little fragments with you and my future self. It feels natural now.

So see that little tag line just under the blog header "A story about a girl and her shop"?
I don't think it applies any more, I think I need a new one.
I will take my time to figure out what my story should be about...more than just a shop...

Labels: , ,