This page has moved to a new address.

Haberdashery...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Haberdashery...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Haberdashery...


Is it just me or is any one else obsessed with amassing buttons, thread, elastic, braids, bias binding, zippers etc...My love of it started as a little girl, I used to sort my mum's button tin into size, colours etc...she has a huge stash which I've slowly been 'borrowing'. I rarely go for new stuff though, for me it's vintage all the way. I always snaffle up the little bits and pieces that lurk in those little plastic draws at op-shops, that way, when inspiration strikes I'm likely to have most (if not all) of the materials required on hand. Often the habby inspires the project, not the other way around. It's rewarding to use something that was laying idle in someones garage or drawer, an economical and sustainable way to sew/craft, what's not to like?